POST # 712
After her early morning squirrel watch, and a rambunctious game of chasing the bone, and chasing the ball, it was time for Dora-dog to relax for a while, in anticipation of a walk to town.
Since my previous visit, the weather is cooler, school is back in, and the tourist traffic is down, with only the occasional Canadian (me) roaming across the border. Keeping all of this in mind, we headed out on our adventure. I was curious to know what Dora-dog's reaction would be when we got to her favourite ice cream shop, only to find it closed for the season. At least that is what I was expecting to find when we got there. I was planning on taking a photo of Dora-dog standing in front of a "closed for the season" sign, and was wondering just how long she would stand there waiting for her treat.
Imagine my surprise when we arrived to find that they're still open, with our friend Erin there to greet us.
Dora-dog had expected it to be open, and get her treat, and that's exactly what happened earlier today. So we were all very happy with the outcome, and soon it was time to continue our journey back home.
The ice cream shop will be open for the remainder of this week, and then be closed for the season. We'll have to make sure that we get to town each day, so that she can enjoy her daily reward.
It was her first long walk since her operation, and she seemed to handle it quite well, although I imagine she will be limping somewhat, later on today. I'm dealing with a sore Achilles tendon at the moment, so we may both be limping around this evening. But the walk was worth it, and we expect to be back out there again tomorrow.
I leave at the end of the week, so we plan to get to the ice cream shop every day, as long as our legs will take us there. I am planning to return on October 11th, so maybe then I'll have the opportunity to watch Dora-dog's reaction when we walk past the ice cream shop and find it closed for the season. Perhaps at that time, I can get the photo of her, that I was expecting to take earlier today.
grateful for every breath,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
No comments:
Post a Comment