POST # 710
So this is how each day begins here with Sam and Arlo. As soon as they know that I am awake (and even sometimes before I am awake), they hop up on the bed, and settle in for a while. Sam always takes the prime spot, and Arlo is happy to just be a part of the crowd. How much time we spend there depends on how lazy I am, and how hungry they are for breakfast.
I think that Sam would be happy to stay there as long as I do, as he never seems to be in any rush to get up and head downstairs.
On the other hand, Arlo, perhaps because of his young age, is more eager to get up and go, and he does various things to attract my attention, like he did yesterday by jumping up on the headboard of the bed. It's his way of trying to say, let's get going, so that I can have my breakfast.
Eventually, we all head downstairs, and another day begins. After they have breakfast, it's time to go outside and enjoy the sunshine in the backyard for a while. The weather has been just fine since my arrival, and I am grateful for that. But the cooler weather is just around the corner, and soon I'll have to put on another layer of clothing to stay warm.
In the meantime, the three of us will continue to enjoy our very relaxing time together. Relaxing, what else can you really do with a couple of furballs like these two characters?
grateful for every breath,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
No comments:
Post a Comment