not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE

POST # 392

MAGNIFICENT RAINBOW

Don't take anything for granted.  Seems like pretty good advice.  Since arriving at my current location, I was beginning to think that the Sun was just a figment of my imagination.  After it stopped snowing, the rain began, and the overcast sky has become the norm for this month.  Then just when I thought that I would never see the Sun again, a few days ago, the clouds cleared off for a very short period of time, and I was treated to a lovely morning rainbow.  Somehow, the rainbow made me instantly forget about how grey the sky had been leading up to it.

Even the furball, aka Kwame took full advantage, and he appears to be very happy indeed.




Fast forward to today, and the clouds are back in full force.  At least for the moment it's not raining, but I don't expect that to last for very long. The weather forecasters at Environment Canada appear to agree.  It's looking like rain all the way into February.  



It doesn't seem to bother the wildlife around here.  The birds are happy, and yesterday I spotted this character roaming around the back yard.  The raccoon certainly caught the attention of Kwame, and he wanted to go out in the worst way.  Alas, he just had to be content to watch from the window.

A RECENT VISITOR

Time to head out for my daily walk, which is certainly something else that I don't take for granted.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
PS: As of yesterday, I have been intentionally unemployed for 11 years, one of the best decisions I have ever made.


No comments:

Post a Comment