not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, February 7, 2020

KWAME'S RELAXED LIFESTYLE

POST #393   



With the endless amount of rain that has been pouring down from the sky this past week, it has been a wise idea to spend as much time indoors as possible.  Kwame hasn't complained, and he seems to enjoy my company.


We don't spend the entire day on the couch, but it is an enjoyable way to spend time.  The house sitter likes to have an afternoon nap, and Kwame is more than happy to settle in, while I catch a few winks.

When he's not camped out on my lap, or in one of his two beds, Kwame can be found up on the counter top.  The owners warned me about this, so I just need to make sure that I don't leave any food items out in the open.  His main purpose in going up there is because he has a fascination with water.  You would be hard pressed to find a furball that enjoys playing around in water, but Kwame isn't your average furball.




This is just part of his morning routine, and once he's splashed around for a while, and had a drink, he is content to head back to his warm bed in front of the fireplace, and go back to sleep. 

 After all, he needs to save up his strength for later in the day, so that he has enough energy to jump up on the couch, and, you guessed it, have another nap.  He enjoys a very relaxed lifestyle.

That's about all I've got to report for today.  Maybe by this time next week, the sun will have made an appearance, so that I can spend more time outdoors.  I would like that.  It would be nice to have my daily walk and not return home soaked, as has been the case this past week.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment