not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

MOOSE ON TOAST

POST # 360

In the Yukon, you can have moose in a variety of ways, including moose on toast. I am not in the Yukon right now, but I still have moose and toast.  In this case, as can been seen below, it's Toast on Moose.


That's correct.  These are my two latest bonehead customers, Toast on the left and Moose on the right.  Toast on Moose.  These two brothers are a Schnauzer/Poodle cross, a breed that I hadn't come across until now. 

Upon my arrival, Toast wasn't too happy about me being here, but within less than a day, he has now become my number one fan.  Toast and Moose have been captured by the spell of the house sitter, and as one can tell by looking at the above photo, they now seem to be very content with my presence.

These guys are very easy to care for, and our daily routine is quite a relaxed one.  We're up relatively early, in order to go out for the first walk of the day, a short stroll around the neighbourhood, in order to poop and pee. At least that's what Toast and Moose do on the walk.  I'm just the observer.

The afternoon is when we take a much longer walk, and even though there are places where I can have them off-leash, I prefer to keep them under control.  The last thing I want is to have either of them take off on me.  I don't think it would happen, but it's better to be safe than sorry.  So far, I have a perfect record of not losing a single bonehead, and I'm not planning to start with these two.

In early evening, we go for another walk, and last night we were confronted by an extra long train, blocking our path.  They seemed to handle the noise, unlike another bonehead I know, south of the border.  Dora-dog would have been freaked out for sure.

It seems that the days go by way too fast now, and before I know it, it's time for one last walk around the 'hood, so the boys can do their thing prior to bedding down for the night.  They've got great bladder control, but I don't want to put them under anymore stress than is necessary.  I would like to think that they appreciate the extra walk.

I'll only be here for a little over a week, before once again moving on, so I won't really have a chance to get to know Toast and Moose very well.  It's all the more reason to spend as much time with them as I can, while here, and who knows, if the owners are happy with the service, they may decide to have me back again at some point in the future.


 MOOSE


TOAST
"It's dinner time, Paul."

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment