not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, June 7, 2019

THE MENLO PARK MENAGERIE

POST # 361***
***(Written prior to June 7th)



By the time this is posted, I will be relaxing by this pool and settling into my current house/pet sit, here in Menlo Park, California, just down the road from Stanford University.  That's Cody, the bonehead in the foreground, and he will be keeping me company along with the furballs Harley and Milo, as well as two rabbits and a half a dozen chickens.  It should be plenty of fun for a couple of weeks.  The chickens will provide the material for the occasional omelette as well.

Today, June 7th is the day I will be making the journey to Menlo Park.  The owners have offered to meet me at San Jose airport, which is relatively close to their place.  I'll probably be humming the Dionne Warwick song from 1968, "Do you know the way to San Jose" on the flight south.

I am looking forward to this sit, and some relaxing time by the pool with Cody, and the rest of the menagerie.  More details to come on next week's post.

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment