not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, February 28, 2016

SATURNA UPDATE

POST # 204

Thirty-six years ago tomorrow, on February 29th, 1980, I was crossing the border from Raxaul, India, to Birgunj, Nepal.  Tomorrow, on February 29th, 2016, I will be hanging out with Pebbles the cat, here on Saturna Island.  Even though it hasn't arrived as of this writing, my guess is, that the 2016 version of February 29th will be way less adventurous than the 1980 version.  I'll find out tomorrow.


In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy my remaining days here in this peaceful paradise, with Pebbles as my sole companion, seeing as my friends from Washington, left earlier today to return home after a weekend visit.


Here comes the ferry, to collect my friends, Mary, Tom and Karen.

Below is a photo of Pebbles with a look that says, "What,  more visitors?"


Fortunately for the furball, the visitors were feline friendly, and by the time they had left, she was totally relaxed.


Saturna provides plenty of views for anyone who makes the effort to spend some time here.







Finally, a couple of videos to round out this entry.








Ah, memories.

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

A footnote:  Today, the power went out for about two and a half hours.  We take it for granted, and when it's not working, nothing works.  This was a small taste of what life will be like once industrial civilization finally collapses.  It kind of makes me think of this little youtube clip.



All the more reason to enjoy the moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment