not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, March 7, 2016

LUCKY NUMBER 7

POST # 205

March 7th finds the Thoughtful Wanderer enjoying his 7th ( and next to last visit), here at the Mud Hut in New Mexico.
When driving here with Guy on Friday, somehow, we missed a turn-off which added about forty additional miles to our journey.  I was driving, but my navigator, Guy, was busy on his cell phone, so we missed the exit.   We agree to disagree who was at fault.
After we got off of the interstate, I was still travelling at interstate highway speed, which resulted in us being pulled over by the New Mexico state patrol.  A $72.00 speeding ticket was the outcome. I guess it could have been worse, knowing how some of the police in this country operate, however this state trooper was very polite. I mentioned this fact to Guy as we drove on, and he said, "well of course he was, because we were two middle aged white guys." I suspect that there is truth in that statement.
We eventually arrived safe and sound at the Mud Hut even though it was later than expected.  I'm looking forward to my time here, which will be much shorter than my previous visit.

Happy Trails
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment