not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, February 21, 2016

"HAVE THEY LEFT YET, PAUL?"

POST # 203

" I know it's late in the day, Pebbles, but in answer to your question in the title of this post, the answer is most definitely, YES.  I made sure to leave here in order to get our visitors to the ferry terminal on time, and I watched them board before I left.  So they are well and truly gone, and you have your house back to yourself.  Well almost, however you still have to put up with me for another week or so, but I'm sure you'll cope."

"I did make sure to take a photo of them yesterday, just in case you start to miss them.  At least we can both stare at this image on the computer screen, and you/we can be reminded of their visit here."

MIKE AND TALYN


" While they were here, you probably had thoughts of spending time near this spot."



"Maybe at times, you were so  desperate to be away from the house, that you would have even considered this place?"


"After all, hanging out with pooches has to be better than visitors, right?"

" In any event, I did manage to get them out of YOUR house to show them around YOUR island, so that you could have the whole place to yourself.  Yesterday, one of the places that I took the visitors was to Boat Pass.  While you were probably sleeping, we were enjoying scenes like this."



"However, you and I did have some moments together while the visitors were still asleep in the guest house, like this morning when the goats came wandering by."






"All things considered, Pebbles, you must admit it was a pretty fun weekend.   I certainly enjoyed Mike and Talyn spending some time here with us, and I happen to think that you did as well.  Of course, we did miss out on our afternoon nap together, but we have plenty of time to do that this coming week.  And I promise you that I will."

"For now though, you can relax, and take a well deserved rest.  You've earned it."


"Sweet dreams, furball."

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scenic shot there, Paul!
    Goats... well, yes, there they are!

    ReplyDelete