not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, February 7, 2016

FROM DAWSON TO DAFFODILS???

POST # 201

Somewhere along the way since I left Dawson, I'm quite sure that I saw a daffodil.  Considering how warm it was during my time in the Yukon, I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see a daffodil up there.

The day of my departure was shrouded in fog.  The Air North flight couldn't land in the morning, and even though it looked clear enough to land on its return journey from Inuvik, it just flew right on by.  Needless to say, the crowd that was assembled at the Dawson airport was somewhat disappointed.


This is what it looked like on the morning of my scheduled departure.  The fog didn't lift enough for the plane to land that afternoon.  At least the boneheads were happy.


Fortunately for me, some Dawson friends were there at the airport as well.  Diana was planning to fly out, and after the plane failed to land, her partner, Martin said, "Well, it looks like I'll be driving to Whitehorse."  Diana and I were expecting to catch the early morning flight from Whitehorse to Vancouver the next morning, and if it wouldn't have been for Martin's generous offer to drive us there, I'm not quite sure how things would have turned out.

On the journey south as we crossed the bridge at Stewart Crossing, lo and behold, the  friends that I had just finished housesitting for, were crossing at that exact moment heading back to Dawson.  It was just a fluke that we passed each other while on the bridge.  It was a good opportunity to stop for a quick visit.



From left to right:  Diana, Martin, Terry and Jannice.

Diana, Martin and I arrived late in the evening in Whitehorse, but not too late to go out for a bite to eat prior to heading off to our respective hotels for the night.  The next morning Martin would drive back to Dawson, and Diana and I would make our connection to Vancouver.  All's well that ends well.

I'm now settling in at my latest housesit here on Saturna Island.  Only one furball to care for this time around, which will be very relaxing indeed.  More news and photos next week,

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment