not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, October 28, 2023

LEON'S SERVANT

 POST # 572



Most of my mornings begin with the sound of the cat door opening, and moments later, Leon is meowing his head off.  The translation in human terms is, " get the hell out of bed, you lazy human, and feed me right now."

I would like to remain in bed for a few more minutes, but the meowing never stops.  Leon wins, and moments later I am in the kitchen, preparing his breakfast.  I am just his servant.



Now that my master has been served, I can relax for a while, as he gobbles down his food.  The next item on Leon's agenda, is his morning brushing routine.  He races into the spare room, jumps up on his cat tree, in anticipation of me grabbing the brush, and going to work.  I have to admit that I enjoy the brushing probably as much as he enjoys being brushed.  It's a task that helps to keep me in the moment, and not be distracted with anything else going on in the world.  I'm grateful to Leon, for allowing me this simple pleasure.  And as mentioned in last week's blog, he certainly purrs up a storm, to show his appreciation.


With both of those tasks completed, I am free to do whatever I want, and Leon usually heads outside once again, to do whatever he does outside.  It's somewhat of a mystery what he does when he's outside, but he probably spends almost as much of his day and night outdoors, as he does inside the house.  Like many furballs, the night time is the best time to be out there.  He's working up an appetite prior to coming through that cat door each morning.

A large percentage of Leon's daytime activity, revolves around relaxing and sleeping.  After all, he needs to rest up, and digest his food.



 

Even though he was now relaxing on the bed, I asked Leon for a favour.  Seeing as this post started off with the cat door, I asked him if he wouldn't mind giving me a demonstration.  Because I take such good care of him, he was happy to oblige.


Thanks Leon.  Now you can get back on the bed and have another rest.  You've earned it, my furry friend.

So that describes at least part of a day as Leon's servant.  I'm sure things could be worse, so we are happy to spend this time together, while it's available.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




No comments:

Post a Comment