not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

I'VE GOT TEN MORE YEARS

 POST # 573

                    

                           TEN MORE YEARS


It's now official.  I've got 10 more years.  To be even more precise,  as of today, I have only 9 years and 347 days left to go.  Now wait just one minute.  How could I, or anyone else for that matter, be so absolutely sure that that is the amount of time that I have left?  Before I answer that question, I must emphasize that this number is OFFICIAL.  There is absolutely NO speculation in this regard.  None other than the Canadian government has made this declaration, and in spite of the fact that I have had a few run-ins with said government in recent years, which leaves me questioning its honesty, on this topic, they are absolutely correct.  How on earth could my own government be so very sure about the time that I have left?  The answer is quite simple.  The following photo will give you a hint.


Yes, that's right.  I now have a brand new passport in my possession.  It doesn't expire until October, 20th, 2033.

Out with the old,


and in with the new.

That date seems to be a long way off,  as I survey my life and the world around me at the moment.  Nothing would make me happier, than to be able to walk into a passport office in the year 2033, and once again renew my passport.  At that time, if I lived that long, I would be 78 years old.  It seems like an impossible dream at this point, but one never knows for sure.  All I can really do, is take things a day at a time, count my blessings,  and in the meanwhile, I will continue to be...


grateful for every breath,


Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




No comments:

Post a Comment