not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, October 14, 2023

IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD

 POST # 570


While gazing across the night sky at the big "W" the other night, I was reminded of the title of a movie that premiered sixty years ago, in 1963.  I thought that the title was an appropriate one for today's blog post.  The reason that the big W brought this movie to mind, is because there is a big W that is part of the plot in the movie, hence my remembrance of it.  

It certainly seems like a good way to describe the world we currently live in, at least that's the way I see it right now.  Ollie, on the other hand doesn't seem to care one way or the other, as you can see.  As long as there is food in his dish, and he has a place to sleep, he appears to be quite content with his world.



Even the arrival of the window cleaners this past week, seemed to have no effect upon him.  While the guy was hanging outside, I decided to pop out on the deck to say hello.  As soon as he opened his mouth, I could tell that he was Australian, and when I asked where he was from, he mentioned Brisbane.  I told him that I had lived there for a couple of years back in the late '80's.  What are the odds that the only window washer that I have ever met, is from a city I lived in long ago?   He continued on with his work, and Ollie continued on with his sleep.


The days are winding down on my current house sit with Ollie, and I'll be back on the road this coming Monday.  Ollie seems to have a sense that something is up, as he has taken to sleeping on my luggage, perhaps in an effort to convince me to stick around a bit longer, and in spite of him being such wonderful company, there is another furball on Vancouver island that has requested my service, so I will have to say goodbye to Ollie in the near future.

In the meantime, we still have a couple more days to experience this mad, mad, mad, mad world, together.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment