not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, October 21, 2023

PURE PURR

 POST # 571



Earlier this week, I began another round of pet sitting with Mr. Leon.  He is pure purr.  I've known plenty of furballs, and I can only think of just one, who topped Leon, when it comes to purring.  That was a furball named Boris, owned by my friend Brian, in Melbourne.  I imagine that Boris is long gone by now, but when he was still alive, and when he purred, it was even louder than Leon.  Boris also had the bad habit of drooling while he was purring.  Thankfully, Leon doesn't do that.

My week began, by saying so long to Ollie, then moving on to spend a couple of days caring for Eunice, and now here I am with Leon.  He's very easy to care for, and there isn't even any litter box to clean, as he just heads out through his cat door to do his business outside.  All I need to do is feed him twice a day, and then spend the rest of the day making him purr.

The last time I was here, there was another furball across the street, named Marshall, and he would come by each day, just to hang out.  That neighbour has now moved away, so no more Marshall.  I doubt if Leon misses him, because Marshall's strong point wasn't purring.  He would rather lash out at you unexpectedly, and on more than one occasion, he drew blood.  Still, in a funny way, I kind of miss his company.  He was over here everyday, and as long as you gave him space, all was well.  Try to pet him, and the blood was soon flowing from your hand.  

I've got a little bit more than two weeks to hang out with Mr. Leon, so I will make the best of things while I'm here.  And after a big round of purring, Leon needs to have a nap.  But before long, he'll be back to pure purring once again.  What a life he has.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS: Today, marks the 12th anniversary of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment