not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, July 28, 2023

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES

 POST # 560


As I wind up my house/pet sitting duties here, and head back over to the mainland,  I wasn't exactly sure what I would talk about today, but then I came up with the idea of including this photo, as an example of at least a part of my adventurous life.

A while back, I was pawing through my storage locker, with the purpose of finding my birth certificate, and while doing so, I came across this long forgotten photograph.  I thought that it was worthwhile to share it with my readers.

I took this photo, while living in Melbourne, Australia way back in 1996.  Did I ever look this young?  It's hard to believe it now.  

It was a trip down memory lane for me. Photos of my time at Expo '88 in Brisbane, when I worked for a float plane company that did daily flights to the Expo venue.  A few photos of the day that I received my Australian Citizenship, and the after party at the house I lived in.  Hiking and climbing in the mountains west of Calgary.  A couple of photos of mom and one of dad.  Landing my Piper Warrior aircraft at Moorabbin airport in Melbourne, after I had received my pilot's license.  A photo from Indonesia, with a monkey on my back trying to steal my eyeglasses.  A photo from a fruit juice stand in New Delhi, India, and many more. There are at least two readers of my blog, that if they look real, real hard, will find themselves also featured in this post.  I've enjoyed life's journey.  What's that line from the old song by Joe Walsh, "Life's Been Good To Me So Far."  I have to agree.

The adventure continues.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer




No comments:

Post a Comment