not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, August 7, 2023

SILKEN'S SITUATION

 POST # 561


When I look at Silken's expression, I can only speculate on what she is thinking, but perhaps her thought is what is written on the doormat featured in the next photo.




Yes, that's right Silken, it's me again, so you'll just have to get used to it.  I won't be here for too long, so you'll be able to get back to normal before the week is out.  So just relax.  It's not like we're strangers after all.  I've been here on numerous occasions, and as you have witnessed in the past, everything goes according to your plan, so this time won't be any different.  You have my word.

I can understand that you may be a bit more anxious than normal, as you have been feeling a bit under the weather lately, however your owner has supplied me with the proper food and medication to help you get better, so chill out, and enjoy yourself.  Here's a suggestion for you.  Why not just sleep even more than you normally do, and that way, you won't even know that I am here.  I'll make sure that I keep quiet so that you can have the most restful sleep that is possible.  And if you're not sleeping, there are plenty of cat toys around the house that we can have fun with, so it's all good, my furball friend. 

I've been keeping a watchful eye over you, and from what I can see, you seem to be pretty well back to normal.  In fact, as each day passes, it appears that your situation is improving.  I've had to deal with other sick furballs in my house sit journey, and it hasn't been fun for the furball or the human.  Thankfully, you are on the mend.


Now that looks better.  It appears that you are back to your old ways, snoozing on the cat tree.  Perhaps during my next visit, you will have forgotten all about this recent sickness of yours, and everything will be back to normal.  You will be grateful for every nap, and I'll be...

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS.  Happy birthday, Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment