not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

 POST # 553

BLANCA

Today, I had planned to write about a topic that came to mind a little while ago, but it has been put on the back burner for now.  The photo above might give you some indication of why.  I've been pleasantly distracted by Blanca.  Let me tell you the story of how this house/pet sit came about.

A while ago, my friend Ann Marie whom I have been house sitting for, for more than a decade referred me to Lynn in Victoria.  I had house sat for Lynn way back in 2017, and here is a link to a post I did at that time.

https://wherespaulnow.blogspot.com/2017/05/teenie-tiny-tabby-tina-and-sadie.html

I followed up that house sit with another in February 2018, the details of which can be viewed here.

https://wherespaulnow.blogspot.com/2018/02/abbey-road-her-majesty.html

Anyhow, Lynn was planning a vacation this month, and seeing as I was available, I agreed to help out.  She has a new furball now that goes by the name of Jackson, and I will meet him next week.  No sooner had I accepted Lynn's offer and she sent me an email to see if I could help out some friends of hers here in Victoria, who had planned a trip to Saskatchewan, and at the last minute, their house sitter had to cancel due to medical reasons.  While I was still in Nanaimo,  I arranged to have a Skype call with Jeanette and Robert, (and Blanca) and that is how I ended up here in paradise.

I arrived on May 31st, and they left the next morning.  So it's just the two of us now, and Blanca is wonderful company to be around.  From her behaviour, my guess is that she is enjoying the house sitter as well.

We are living in the suburb of Cadboro Bay, and it's literally a five minute walk to the beach.  We go there twice a day, morning and noon time, and then finish out our walks for the day, by taking a stroll to Telegraph Cove, which is only about a ten minute walk from here.  Every day has been sunny, so Blanca and I spend as much time as possible outside, enjoying the garden.

By this time next week, I will have already moved on to Lynn's house, which is just up the road from here, in order to begin my week long sit with Jackson.  I'm looking forward to meeting him, but I'll certainly miss hanging out with Blanca.  But who knows, perhaps one day in the future I will have another opportunity to be here.  That would be wonderful.

I'll finish this entry with a selection of photos taken in the past week.  Enjoy.

Home sweet home
Sunset from the back deck
The beautiful garden

Fun at the beach at Cadboro Bay

Blanca the mountain climber this morning at the beach
                              Blanca makes a new friend last night on the walk to Telegraph Cove

                                                   A better version of the Canadian flag

                                                               Blanca trying to look cute

                                                              Evening at Telegraph Cove


So it's now time to get off of this computer, and head outside for another walk with Blanca.  Just another day in paradise.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS.  Happy birthday to my old friend Louie from Dawson City.  He turns 65 today, so he's now officially a part of the old fart's club.  Congratulations Louie.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment