not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

TALKING WITH JACKSON

 POST # 555


Jackson isn't impressed.  You can just tell by the look upon his face. What on earth is the house sitter doing reading a book with a title such as this?  Where's the respect?  And if he was going to read such a book, you'd think that he would at the very least, read it while I am napping.  It's hard to find good house sitters nowadays.

Well, be that as it may, Jackson, you must understand that I spend as much time or more with dogs as I do with cats.  I thought that you of all cats would understand this.  After all, when I arrived at your place I brought Blanca along with me for one night.  Take a look at these photos, Jackson.



How on earth could you have that offended look on your face, when you can see with your own eyes just how cute Blanca is?
But I get it.  Cats think that they rule the world, so I guess it's difficult for you to understand why humans would want to spend anytime at all with dogs.  Get used to it Jackson.  It's time to share the love.

And don't worry, with any luck I will once again be able to spend time with you at some point in the future.  And if I do, I'll be sure to not bring this book along with me, and I won't mention the word dog the entire time that I am with you.  I'll give you my full and undivided attention.

And speaking of full and undivided attention, you can be sure of it next time around.  Why?  Because you pulled one over on me while I was there.  What was that you ask?  Well, when I picked up your owner yesterday, the first question she asked me was where did you choose to sleep?  I told her that you preferred the couch in the living room which I did think was a little odd, seeing as there was a blue wool blanket draped over the other couch, that was absolutely covered in your cat hair, and yet I never saw you sleep on it.  After talking with your owner, it turns out that the blue blanket is where you are supposed to sleep.
Well you won't be able to pull that off, the next time around, so keep that in mind.
On a more positive note.  It was a pleasure to take care of you.  You're a real sweet furball.  I hope to see you again sometime in the future.  In the meanwhile, SLEEP ON YOUR BLUE BLANKET!!!

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment