not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Eunice's Point Of View

 POST # 552


Finally, she's back home.  Don't get me wrong.  This human that has been taking care of me has done a pretty good job up to now.  Mind you, he is a bit difficult to train.  After a few days, I had him following the rules (my rules), and from that point on, things have run rather smoothly.  But now that she's back, I can relax.  It's hard work training humans, some more than others.

The other day, I decided to play a joke on him.  We had just returned from our morning stroll, and like every other day, he unleashed me just prior to climbing up the back stairs.  Normally, I would follow him but this time I decided to walk around the back of the house.  When he got up on the deck, he looked down, and called my name, but I continued my journey to the side of the house.  I knew that he would come back down the stairs to get me, and when I heard him walking downstairs, I quickly ran around the front of the house to the other side.  I'm sure he must have panicked for a few moments, when he couldn't find me.  What he didn't know, was that I had climbed up the stairs when he wasn't looking, and by the time he returned, there I was.  He looked very relieved to see me on the deck.  I had a good chuckle about that.  It's good fun to play tricks on house sitters.  It lets them know who is really in control.

But soon he will be on his way, to where I don't know, and if he does come back at some future date, I'll probably have to re-train him yet again.  In the meantime, I'm very happy that my owner is back home.  I trained her a long, long time ago, so I can just relax and enjoy my day.

faithfully yours,

Eunice (aka Her Highness)


 That's Eunice's point of view.

Thanks Eunice.

grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment