not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, July 7, 2022

"HIM AGAIN?"

 POST # 509

                                                                TRIXIE

"Him again?"

"Yes, that's correct Trixie.  You may have thought that you had seen the last of me back in April but you're wrong."

I guess that Trixie's owner was happy with the house sit that I did back at that time, so I'm now back for round two.  Trixie seemed to enjoy seeing me again, and within minutes we were playing ball in the backyard.  

With the change of seasons, in addition to keeping Trixie amused, there is plenty of grass to cut as well. This is the largest lawn that I will have ever had the pleasure of cutting.  Now, all I need is for the weather to cooperate and I can get to work.  It's hard to know from one day to the next what the sky will be offering up.  Right now it's too wet, so at least I have a day off from this chore.

Having only just arrived, it will take a day or two to get into a routine with Trixie, and then it should be smooth sailing from then on.  At least that's the plan anyhow.  But who really knows these days, what might be in store just around the corner?

As I write these words, I have my "editor" close by to make sure that I'm not writing anything that she doesn't approve of.


And so it begins.  Round number two with Trixie.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment