not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, July 28, 2022

EARNING MY KEEP

 POST # 512


With my trusty assistant giving me moral support, it was time to once again cut the grass. Yesterday I completed the front yard, but today the back yard needed my attention.  This is without a doubt the most grass that I have ever had to cut, and with today's temperature hovering in the low 30's it was a somewhat arduous task.

When this photo was taken, I was roughly half way through, however the remainder took longer as the grass was much thicker, and still damp from the morning dew.  By this point, my faithful assistant had gone AWOL, and was hanging out under the shade of a tree.  Completing the back yard took over two hours, and by the time I had finished, the heat was almost unbearable.

If you look closely, you can see the next drip of sweat about to fall from my nose, on to my sweat soaked T-shirt.  I was glad to have completed the task.  The yard is now looking presentable for the owner when she gets back here on Saturday.
Even though Trixie didn't work up as much of a sweat as The Thoughtful Wanderer, she was happy to take a drink from the hose, and cool off.
Now that the work is complete, it's time to relax and enjoy the remainder of my time here.   And that enjoyment includes adding a few more photos to round out today's post.

                                                     A spider waiting for some lunch

                                                        Playing with Trixie

                                                        A critter at the beach

                                                              My horse neighbours

                                                             A treat for Trixie

And finally,

                                            A view of Hornby Island on a calm day


That about rounds things up for my time here in Qualicum Beach.  On Sunday I head off to Port Alberni for my next gig.  It will be interesting spending time there, as I used to live in Port Alberni back in the '70's.  Where have the decades gone?

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



                

 


No comments:

Post a Comment