not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

ORWELL-OH WELL

 POST # 505


On a recent trip to a bookstore I came across Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.  I watched the movie a very long time ago, but never read the book.  I was in the store, the book was there, so I couldn't resist grabbing it.  It was such a bargain, as the store was giving it and some other books away for free.  How could I say no?

It seems like we're living in an Orwellian world these days, perhaps even more Orwellian than he could have ever imagined when he wrote the book.  But here we are.

All we can do is live each and every day as best we can, as we all stumble along this journey we call life.

Orwell-Oh Well.

And as each day presents itself, it's always wise to take time to smell the roses along the way.




grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment