not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

LEON

 POST # 506

                                                                 SITTING PRETTY

If you scroll down the right side of my blog page, you will eventually come across another white furball with the title "Sitting Pretty" underneath the photo.  That is a photo of a furball that I had many many years ago by the name of Kalopani.  This current furball's name is Leon.  He reminds me of Kalopani in some respects.  Even though Kalopani hasn't been alive now for more than twenty years, it's almost as if she has been transported into the here and now, and I appreciate the memories that are rekindled as a result of meeting Leon.
I was told that he may be somewhat wary around strangers, but it took less than a day for me to have made a new friend.  The cat whisperer strikes yet again.









Leon even let me hold him in my arms, so I guess I'm making progress.


So all in all, it's been a good match so far, and about the only thing that I might consider to be a negative is that Leon certainly likes to shed plenty of his fur, as can be seen from the latest brushing effort on my part.


But hey, it's all a part of the tasks required to keep the resident furball happy, and I enjoy his reaction when he gets brushed, so it's a fair trade.

I'm looking forward to creating a few more precious memories with Leon, prior to moving on to my next sit.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment