not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

BACK AND FORTH

 POST # 507

                                                    Leon enjoys the first day of summer.


Well, this is a first.  In all of the years that I have been house/pet sitting, I've never had to care for two places and two furballs at the same time.  Last week, I just had Leon to hang out with, but now in addition to him, I also have Silken.

                                          Silken ponders the stranger in her house.

Judging by the look on Silken's face, she wasn't too happy with the idea that her owner had abandoned her in favour of the house sitter.  Leon on the other hand has become quite friendly.  Poor old Silken hasn't seen me for more than two years, so it's understandable that she was cautious at the beginning.  Things have now settled down, and she's a happier furball than when I arrived.


So each day, I wander back and forth between the two homes, in order to spend time with each one of these lovely critters.  In a couple of days time, Leon's owner will return home, and then I'll be left alone with Silken.  However, if I need a little bit more Leon time, I'm pretty sure that his owner will let me pop in for a visit.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment