not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, April 7, 2022

POWER OUT AND NO INTERNET

 POST # 497



Prior to getting out of bed this past Monday, I was awoken by some very stormy weather.  As it was only 4 a.m. I certainly wasn't going to get up and have a look.  But when I finally did get out of bed, I realised that the power was out, and of course that meant that so was the internet.  It really is amazing how we take these things for granted, until they aren't working any longer.

The power was out for about six hours, and the internet for most of the day.  Thankfully, I had Trixie for company, and we made the most of our time together.  As you can tell from the photo, Trixie could care less about these human inventions.  As long as she has someone to play/walk with, she's a happy camper.

The weather, although still cool, has improved since Monday, so we took the opportunity to take a walk near the local golf course here in town.  When I came across this sign, I had a good laugh.

This suggests to me that the local golf enthusiasts are big drinkers as well.  Nothing on the sign indicates that you aren't allowed to drink while on the golf course, but only when you cross the road.  I half expected to see a few of them downing their beers or whatever else, just prior to crossing.  Either that, or perhaps they could balance their drinks on their head while crossing, as it only says carry in your hand.  In any event, it did make me chuckle.

This will be my last post for now from my current location.  By this time next week, I will be re-settled with D-dog, aka Dee Dee.  We already have the pleasure of knowing one another, and I am looking forward to spending time with her.  My new location is only about a five minute drive from here, so it's going to be an easy transition.

As long as the power and internet remain on, I will be posting again on April 14th.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment