not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, April 14, 2022

D-DOG aka DEE DEE

 POST # 498


This is round number three with D-Dog.  My last visit here was back in 2019.  I was meant to be here again in 2020, but we all know what started in the world at that point in time, and that house sit was cancelled.  It was my very first cancellation, and plenty more followed from that point forward.  I went from having a full calendar for fifteen months in advance, to an empty roster within about one week.  Slowly, things are beginning to improve in the house/pet sitting business.

Since my last visit, D-dog has a new bed, and she spends many hours of her day enjoying its comfort.



She tends to blend right in with the colour.  Perhaps that is why she likes it so much.
The owners left yesterday.  We drove to the ferry, and then I returned home with D-Dog.  The routine is almost the same since my last visit, however she now has a variety of medications that have to be administered twice each day, so I get to play vet as well as sitter.  

When I awoke this morning I found D-Dog on her owner's bed, with this forlorn look upon her face.

Obviously, she seems to be missing them, but I think that over time she'll perk back up, and be happy to spend time with The Thoughtful Wanderer once again.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

   


No comments:

Post a Comment