not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, April 28, 2022

FIVE ZERO ZERO

HERSHEY & PEARL

 On March 28th, 2020 near the end of my blog for that day, I wrote the following:


The next milestone would be the magic number 500.  And just like all the other milestones, I really can't imagine that I will get there.  After all, with an average of 48 posts per year, that would put the date somewhere around April, 2022.  With the state of things in the world as they are at the moment, I would be surprised if I get the opportunity to pen blog post number 500, but I would be very happy indeed if that milestone comes to pass.

The post for that day was #400.  I guess I was wrong about my prediction, as here we are at #500.  The world is certainly a changed place since that time, and yet somehow I still manage to be here in the year 2022.  I would have to admit that both mentally and physically, I don't feel quite as well as I did back then.  The ageing process continues apace.

Today I finish up at my current house sit, and I expect to head back to the mainland, in spite of the fact that I don't as yet have a place to lay my head tonight.  I guess I'll find out soon enough where I'll end up.

My current companions, Pearl and Hershey will be happy that their owners will be back home later today.  They have been very easy to care for, and it's the first time that I have spent time with a Bichon Frise-Yorkie cross (Pearl), and a Bichon Frise-Yorkie-Poodle cross (Hershey).

                                                                      Treat Time

Post #600 if there is one, won't happen until June 2024.  I can't even imagine what will be happening in our world by then.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS.  Here is a link to my March 2020 post that I mentioned at the beginning. In it, I highlight posts #100, #200, and #300 as well.

https://wherespaulnow.blogspot.com/2020/03/another-thoughtful-wanderer-milestone.html





No comments:

Post a Comment