not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, December 7, 2020

MY DAILY WALK

 POST # 433



With the aid of my new boots, mentioned in my last post, I decided to add a few photos I have collected during my recent daily walks.  I encountered these characters a few days ago, while walking along Sunset Beach. The 2020 version of the three amigos.  They were helping to put smiles on plenty of faces as they continued their journey along the beach.

In rather stark contrast to the three amigos, there is a lone gentleman tucked in behind the large umbrella.  He is an interesting character to be sure.  This photo was taken only a few minutes walk from where the marina is that I used to live on board my sailboat.  What's interesting to me is that he has been roaming around this same neck of the woods for the better part of fifteen years.  He dresses all in black, and as you can see, everything he owns is also black.  The only thing that has changed in all the years is that he seems to have acquired more stuff.  He appears healthy and robust.  I wonder what his story is?  Maybe one day I will stop, and engage him in a conversation, if he allows me to do that.

There are plenty of other people to see along my daily journey, however it's not only people that catch my eye.  Have a look at this wonderful creation that nature has provided.

There is something quite precious, and maybe a bit awe inspiring to stand at the foot of a large cedar tree, and gaze upwards.  Large cedars like this one are few and far between, and I wonder how this one managed to escape being chopped down so many years ago?  I walk past it every day, and I always stop for a few moments to enjoy being in its presence.  If you want to feel humble try doing this every once in a while. 

There are plenty of different walks to go on, however I seem to have settled into one in particular, which takes me about an hour and twenty minutes.  This walk comes to a conclusion back at the beach where the three amigos were found the other day.  This past week has been sunny, so I have tried to time my walk to get to the beach prior to sunset.  

This photo was taken at 4pm, a couple of days ago, and it was the last I have seen of the sun since that time.  It's hard to believe that the location is a beach in Canada in December.  It could just as easily have been taken on a beach in the tropics.  

 In spite of the cloud and drizzle outside, it's time again to put on my walking boots, and head out the door.  My daily walk is a joyful exercise, no matter what the weather is like.


grateful for every breath,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment