not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, October 28, 2019

CRISP AUTUMN DAYS AND TWO WONDERFUL CRITTERS TO BOOT

POST # 380

OUR FIRST WALK OF THE DAY

In another few days, my current house/pet sit will come to a close, and once again I will have to say so long to two of my favourite four-legged critters.  Mac, the bonehead, and Bert, the furball, will have to cope without me, but I'm sure they will be just fine.

Autumn has always been my favourite season, and the past few days have provided perfect weather.  Crisp, frosty mornings evolve into bright, sunny afternoons.  Mac certainly enjoys going out for a walk or two, as Bert "guards" the house, while simultaneously taking a nap.

This location, as well as my last one, are in rural areas, and the main advantage of being rural is the peace and quiet, which I rate as  number one on my list, when searching for a house/pet sit location.  Number two is a resident bonehead, and number three, is a resident furball.  This place gets a perfect score, so my days spent here are as good as it gets.

EARLY MORNING VIEW FROM THE DECK

MAC

BERT

Rounding out today's post are some extra photos taken on the property, and a couple from today's visit to Gabriola Island to visit my friends Talyn and Mike.  As luck would have it, Talyn's dad, Gilbert was visiting as well.  Mac had a stressful ride across on the ferry, but it was worth it, because he really seemed to enjoy himself during our brief visit.

MAC "WATERING" THE NEW TREE GROWING FROM THE OLD STUMP

AND ONE MORE

BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN LEAVES

MIKE, MAC, AND TALYN

HEADING HOME FROM THE BEACH


maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

1 comment: