not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, October 7, 2019

A SHADOW OF HIS FORMER SELF

POST # 377



It has been quite some time since I had the opportunity to take care of Shadow.  He has had some health issues during the interim, which  resulted in a significant weight loss.  He is now just a shadow of his former self, and is finally living up to his name. He can now stare at himself in the mirror, and know deep down that he is living a life that is true.  That sounds like a good plan.

His new slim profile hasn't had any negative impact when it comes to his energy level, and if I was meeting Shadow for the first time, I would never have thought that he had had something wrong with his health.  I still get to enjoy his playfulness and companionship during my time here.  In fact, Shadow seems to be even more playful and affectionate than before.  Perhaps he is living even more in the moment than he used to do.

Of course, being a furball, he can't spend all of his day playing, and so he manages to get in some well deserved rest throughout the day.


We wouldn't want to see him get overworked, now would we?  This is just one of many strategic locations that Shadow has, to catch up on his sleep.  

One trait that has remained the same as before, is Shadow's love of having his back smacked repeatedly, just in front of his tail.  I have only come across a few furballs that enjoy this treatment, and one soon finds out whether or not any particular furball is on board.  They either just stand there, purring contentedly, or you end up getting swatted at by them, usually with their claws out.  Shadow is most certainly in the former category, as can be seen by the short video below.





This is just round one of my time with Shadow for 2019, and in about another month, I'll be back here for round two.  For now, I am content to get re-acquainted with him, as we enjoy our week together.


maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
PS: In spite of the fact that Shadow is a furball, I keep calling him, Dora.   Hmmm!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment