not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, July 7, 2019

STRESSED-OUT DORA-DOG

POST # 365



Dora-dog knows nothing about the 4th of July except for this.  She hates it.  At least she hates the noise which results from the almost endless rounds of fireworks that people here seem to think is the one and only  thing to do during this time.  Above, is a photo of her cowering in her crate.  What you can't see is the constant fast paced breathing that is part and parcel of her stress.  I find myself feeling helpless to comfort her, and my friend Mary, who owns Dora-dog feels the same way.  It's tough to watch.

July 4th was without a doubt the worst day this week, but the fireworks started days before that, and they continue to this day, but at a reduced frequency.  I guess that we should all be grateful for that fact.

I took another photo, later on which shows the sheer exhaustion on Dora-dog's face, after a very long,  very loud, and very stressful day.  She's worn out with all of the stress, and it makes me very sad to see her in this condition.





Perhaps the worst of it is over with by now, and with any luck,  Dora-dog will be back to her normal happy disposition,  and the memory of this stress-filled week will fade away, and she will once again have this look on her face.


I could go on a rant about all of the craziness of the 4th of July, and take this post in an entirely different direction, but maybe I'll save that for sometime in the future.  Right now,  all I can think about is helping Dora-dog get back to normal.


maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer 






No comments:

Post a Comment