not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, January 7, 2019

2019 IS OFF AND RUNNING

POST # 341


And so another year begins.  The photo (above) was sent to me from my friends Rose and Gary in the Yukon.  Each year,  they plan a get together on the frozen ponds located directly behind their house in the village of Bear Creek, not far from where I used to call home, when I lived at Snug.  There seems to be no shortage of snow up there this year, and so they made the most of it by shovelling the pond to create the 2019 image, and I thank them for that.

There are plenty of predictions that I could make regarding 2019, but predictions can be tricky, so I'm going to pass on that idea.  What I will say with a fair degree of confidence, is that 2019 is going to look a lot better at the beginning, than at the end, on a variety of fronts.  Let's sit back and enjoy the ride, for what it's worth.  After all, we're here, and we have a front row seat, so pass the popcorn, and here we go.

I will continue on this house/pet sitting gig for as long as I am able.  It has been for the most part, a very low stress and high reward lifestyle.  The rewards by no means are monetary, but rather centre around two main things.  I have the good fortune to choose how to spend each day, and I get to spend those days with a variety of wonderful critters, mostly of the four-legged type.

It has been a magnificent journey so far, and for that, I am happy, and extremely grateful.

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment