not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, December 28, 2018

FINAL POST OF 2018

POST # 340






Some bug has managed to invade my body, so I will be spending the majority of today curled up by the woodstove with the resident critters, Leeloo and Trinity. My energy level is low, and I will keep this post rather short.

Looking back on the year, I've managed to do a total of eleven house/pet sits, ten of which have been at a variety of locations, here on Vancouver island.  The other one was in Delta,  on the mainland.  The vast majority of my time (by choice) has been spent in rural locations.  I expect this to be the trend going forward, for as long as I have the ability to do so.

 I had the opportunity to make one final visit to Belize to see my friends Guy and Pauline, and then a subsequent visit to see them in their new location in New York state.

For the remainder of my time this year, I was extremely grateful to spend it with my friend Mary, and her adorable bonehead named Dora, aka Dora dog.

Trips across the border have become more of a hassle over time, and I sometimes wonder if that will even be possible in the not too distant future?  I'll keep doing it for as long as it is an option.

Looking forward to 2019, crossing the border might be one of the least of my (our) problems, but I will continue to face each new day as it presents itself, being grateful to have the opportunity to spend it, even when I have a bug in my system.

happy, accepting & grateful,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment