not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, January 14, 2019

SO LONG SOOKE

POST # 342

It's that time again, or almost that time.  In a few short days, I will be leaving the Sooke area, here on Vancouver Island.  It's difficult for me to believe that I arrived here way back on December 6th, but the calendar doesn't lie.  As is always the case,  the time has gone by way too fast.  Maybe it's an age thing, or maybe it's because the time has been so enjoyable.  Perhaps it's a bit of both.

To be more specific, I have been living in East Sooke, right next to a provincial park.  This has made it easy to do a daily "Bill Bryson" or in other words, a walk in the woods.


It has become one of my most favourite activities in recent years, so I have been very fortunate indeed to have had the opportunity to spend time in this location.


In addition to living in the woods, I've had this wonderful log cabin to call home, and a woodstove to keep me and the critters nice and cozy.


Speaking of critters, here they are.

LEELOO


TRINITY

If the woodstove wasn't enough to keep me warm, the sleeping arrangements have helped.


So it's almost time to say, "so long Sooke."And so long Leeloo and Trinity.  I've enjoyed your company, in spite of ( or perhaps because of) the sleeping arrangements.

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment