not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

IT'S GREAT TO BE ALIVE

POST # 324



I came across this sign recently, and it got me to thinking, which is always a good thing, in my opinion.  Because of the fact that I rarely watch television any longer, I have more of my precious time to spend on other activities.  These days, I like spending time with boneheads and furballs, and a few human beings, and if possible, I like to spend a majority of that time in nature.  Because I live my life with a very short view of the future, I am able to appreciate the fact of  just being alive, way more than I have ever done in years gone past.  Personally, I find it a wonderful and joyous way to live, and I will continue to attempt do so until my last breath.

Along with "killing the television", I am fortunate to have kept intact the child-like quality of a basic curiosity about things, and that, perhaps more than anything else in my life has allowed me to pursue topics that the average person may not take onboard.  Curiosity, plus my interest in reading, which I will be forever grateful to my dear friend, Ted for encouraging me to do, way back in 1978, have allowed me to continue to learn more and more about so many interesting topics.

At the top of the list these days is my interest in the topic of abrupt climate change leading to the near-term extinction of our favourite species.  That would be homo-sapiens.  Not to be political, but this topic most definitely "TRUMPS" everything else and that includes Donald Trump.  If one does finally grasp its significance, then it has the effect (at least for me) of making everything in my life that may have seemed to be a problem or a  big issue in the past, pale into insignificance.  It also has the effect of helping me get so much more out of each and every moment, with the knowledge that any one of those moments could be my last one.

Of course, those who have read my blog over the years would know by now that the person that has been most influential in providing this knowledge, is my dear friend, Dr. Guy McPherson, whose work I came across way back in about 2010.  We first met in person on February 5th, 2013, and have remained friends since then.  For that, I am unbelievably grateful.

Guy and his partner Pauline who is also a dear friend, were on a recent speaking tour in the USA, and he just posted a video of a presentation he did in Woodstock, New York on August 22nd.  He states that it will probably be his final presentation, and after listening to it, I can highly recommend it to anyone who happens to read this blog.  It covers in detail, just where we are at, and if the viewer can watch it with an open mind, then I think that it will help them understand the predicament that we find ourselves in, here in 2018 on planet Earth.
Here is the link:


And here is a link with a graph of the collapse of civilization which is interesting.


How  you deal with this information will of course be up to you.  For me personally, the information only helps to reinforce the notion that my time, your time, everyone's time is rather short, and as a result, I spend it, being more grateful for each and every breath.  I am also truly amazed that I was even born in the first place.  That fact alone, is more than enough to put a smile on my face each and every day.

Dora-dog's expression, mirrors my inner feeling.  It's great to be alive.





living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer







No comments:

Post a Comment