not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

READING BETWEEN THE LINES

POST # 322


With the aid of my special bonehead "reading between the lines" glasses, I suspected that something was up a couple of days ago.  
The first, and most obvious clue appeared when I saw Bert curled up asleep on the house sitter's lap.  Now don't get me wrong, Bert is a friendly furball, but this sort of behavior is highly abnormal . What did he know that I didn't know?



Sure enough, today, I was proven correct. The house sitter is now history.  I was sad for at least one moment of my life, but now that my owners are home, I'm focusing all of my attention on them. It's what I do best.  It's what I did when the house sitter was here, and because of this, I imagine that he's missing me.  I seem to have that effect on humans.  Maybe we'll get to spend time together in the future?  I would like that, and if I were a betting bonehead, my guess is that he would like it as well.  After all, he sure appeared to be happy when he was here, and it was probably because of me. OK, so Bert  had a bit to do with his happiness as well.

 That's enough writing.  It must be time for a game of frisbee by now.  It's even more fun, when I am wearing my special glasses.

Mac, the " Mac " nificent

PS: I can only agree with Mac's account.  Today, I am back on the road.  And I miss him (and Bert) just as he stated.  However, whether it's missing a bonehead and a furball, whether it's the near-term demise of our species, ( see this recent essay from my friend, Guy:  https://guymcpherson.com/2014/10/only-love-remains/ )         
or even my own personal extinction, I do try to live each moment as best as I can, and accept everything that life throws my way.

OUR FINAL WALK TOGETHER




TIME FOR A REST





Living in acceptance,


Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment