not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, September 7, 2018

SIT WITHIN A SIT

POST # 325

ANTIQUE TENDER

No, I won't be using this tender to get from one housesit to the other, but if I had a dependable craft, I could get there via the sea.  But due to time constraints, and the fact that I am boat-less at this time, I'll be using a combination of motor vehicles , ferries, and buses to accomplish the journey.

A slight misunderstanding regarding the start date for my current housesit caused me to have to be in two places at the same time.  After all of the years that I've been alive, I still haven't found a way to do that.  Fortunately for me, the neighbour has offered to pinch hit  for four days, which will allow me to get to my other location.
I had offered to take care of my friend Mary 's bonehead, Dora, so that is where I'll be.  That is, as long as I get across the border.  On my most recent visit, the border guard gave me such a hassle, that I wasn't sure if I was going to be allowed entry.  I think that it is a sign of the times, or the fact that because I have no fixed address, people such as border guards find that somewhat suspicious.  So it goes. 

 So that is my "sit within a sit" however my other sit has two lovable four -legged critters, one furball called Saki, and one bonehead called Tova.  Here they are.




Saki is 20 years old, but when she's being chased by Tova, she's as fast as a kitten.  Tova is 9.  She's one smart  poodle, and I am enjoying getting to know the both of them.

Getting back to my choice of transport, I came across this vessel earlier today.  Perhaps it might be slightly more sea worthy than the other one, but I'm not taking any chances.  It sort of looks like the wreck of the  SS Minnow from the '60's show, "Gilligan's Island.

living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment