not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, May 29, 2014

THE DATE GUY

POST # 122


I have been told on occasion, that I am good with remembering dates, and I would agree. But not yesterday. I had managed to enjoy another full day and had tucked myself into bed, but just before I turned out the light, it hit me that it was blog day. It was almost midnight and I certainly wasn't going to get back up and start typing, so I'm doing it now. Oh well, in the great scheme of things, it's no big deal.

Not much to say today, although I did go for an extended bike ride a couple of days ago. When I was returning along a wonderful country road near the Fraser river, I happened to come across an old graveyard. I decided to stop and have a look and lo and behold I came across these two grave stones.





A bit of internet research tells me that Lewis was the son of Lewis Nunn Agassiz whom the town of Agassiz B.C. is named after.

After my stroll through the graveyard, I continued my ride into the town of Agassiz, to pick up some groceries and head home. Along the way I stopped to visit a baby goat.




This particular one, is about the same size as my Yorkshire terrier buddies, Jackson and Peach. Too cute, is about all I can say.

That's all the news for now, on this day late blog, and I will attempt to remember to write the next one on June 7th.

Happy Trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment