not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, June 7, 2014

URBAN VRS RURAL

POST # 123


I made a journey into Chilliwack yesterday as there were some things that I needed to get done. I went from this:




to this:





Or, another way to look at it, is that I went from this:





to this:



Being in Chilliwack made me think of this short video: http://www.jibjab.com/originals/big_box_mart


I'll let the reader decide which is more pleasing to the eye. As this was my first journey into Chilliwack since arriving here in Harrison Hot Springs on May 16th, it was a brutal assault on my senses, and I couldn't wait for the bus to arrive, to take me back to Harrison. However while I was waiting, I saw a man, a young man, African looking, with no feet. He had what appeared to be two fibreglass stumps at the bottom of his legs, and he hobbled past me from a distance. It was heart breaking to watch his struggle. I could only wonder what his story was. I counted my blessings.

Eventually the bus came and before long, I was back home, in time to head down to the lake and spend some time with the geese.




Happy Trails

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

And a PS. Just heard that Bezoar the cat is no longer alive. This makes me sad. She was a wonderful furball. :(


Bezoar is another word for hairball, an appropriate name for a furball.

No comments:

Post a Comment