POST # 703
Two days ago, we had some friends coming over for lunch. They were scheduled to arrive at noon, and I decided it would be better to take Dora-dog for her daily walk before they arrived, instead of waiting until after lunch, so off we went.
We departed around 10 am, so I knew that the ice cream shop that Dora-dog had come to expect her daily dog biscuit treat would be closed when we walked by. Of course, she wasn't aware of that fact until we arrived at the shop. Imagine her surprise when we got there. She stood there looking up, wondering why there was no human there to give her a dog biscuit. Where are they?
I think that if I would have sat down and waited, she would have remained there forever, wondering why they weren't open for her. Eventually, it was time to get going, and Dora-dog gave me a look (below) as if to say, "why are we leaving now?"
But it was time to go, and once we were on our way, she was once again focused on the walk, as we headed home in time to meet the lunch guests.
We have a couple of more days to do our walk to town before I have to yet again say goodbye, but I'll make sure to pass by the ice cream shop when it is open, so that Dora-dog can once again have her daily dog biscuit treat.
grateful for every breath,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
*** Here is a previous post talking about her daily dog biscuit treat.


No comments:
Post a Comment