not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

SIMPLE ACCEPTANCE

POST # 250





While scrolling through some old emails the other day, I came across this little poem which I had saved.

SIMPLE ACCEPTANCE

Acceptance allows us to strike
Discomfort from out of our psych;
It's easy to do
For me and for you-
Except for the things we don't like.

Being back here in Port Townsend in February is allowing me to continue to work on my daily goal of acceptance.   House sitting here this month forces me to accept colder temperatures.  Don't be fooled by the photo above, which I happened to take yesterday while sitting out in the yard next to the woodpile.  At that moment with the sun beating down, I was most assuredly warm.  The same can't be said for inside the house, and that is where the bulk of the work on acceptance is taking place for the time being.  As each day passes, the season progresses, and the sun continues to be higher in the sky.  The snow that was here only one short week ago is now all gone, so I know that the temperatures are on the rise, albeit slowly.  Thankfully, patience is one of my strengths.

There is a wood stove to help take the edge off of the chill in the air, however I have chosen to use it sparingly because most of the wood in the woodpile is fairly "green" and somewhat on the damp side.  
Necessity is the mother of invention or so they say, and I've managed to rig up a wood drier of sorts.

 It 'aint pretty, but it's functional, and it gives me something to do in the evening.

Of course, some things haven't changed since last summer.  I still have my dear deer friends to keep me company during my stay.




And as always,  I like to get out on my daily bike ride if the weather is co-operating as it was yesterday.  While down at the beach I captured one of my favourite cloud types.  This is a lenticular cloud, which gets its name from its lens shape caused by the high winds at that altitude.



All things considered, aside from the chill in the air, it's pretty easy to be in the mindset of acceptance.  Life is good.


living a life of simple* acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

*I live a simple life, so I'm changing the sign off from the word profound to the word simple.










No comments:

Post a Comment