not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, December 7, 2015

FINAL(??) POST FROM THE MUD HUT

POST # 193

The standing joke around here is that this is definitely my next-to- last visit to the Mud Hut. The reason that it is a joke is because I've said the same thing ever since my first visit back in February 2013. To date, this is my sixth visit.  So I guess only time will tell whether or not I get to seven.

By the time I leave, later this week, I will have been here for the better part of three weeks.  My hosts, Guy and Sheila have been absolutely wonderful, and generous with their time. And time, as we should all be aware, is our most precious asset.   I am extremely grateful to have had the chance to spend so much time with them, and even more grateful to count them as friends.

In addition to Guy and Sheila, I've also spent time with other friends, Mike and Karen and their wonderful little furball, Pouncer Bouncer, who had a sleep over here last night.

Of course I'll be sad to say goodbye later this week, but such is the life of the Thoughtful Wanderer.  However, I am reminded of a phrase I came across many years ago which goes like this:
" Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, and meeting again after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends."

If that last sentence is true, then I guess I should start to plan for my seventh, (and next-to-last?) trip to the Mud Hut.



                                  THE PROFESSOR AT WORK
                                        POUNCER BOUNCER

               MIKE, KAREN and POUNCER BOUNCER

                                   SUNSET AT THE MUD HUT


WALKING UP THE ROAD WITH GUY AND SHEILA ON DECEMBER 7TH, 2013


Happy Trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment