not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, February 7, 2014

PETER PIPER PICKED A PECK OF...

POST # 106

... frozen icicles.

It's chilly in Nanaimo, and riding along the waterfront to the library, I noticed that even the sea water has a coating of ice upon it. Brrrrr!!!!! Seems like we're not quite done yet with that meandering jet stream mentioned in my last blog entry.

Piper, in this instance, refers to the one (and only??) Piper the cat, who happens to be my current house-sit companion. Like most cats, he spends a significant amount of time curled up sleeping in various locations around the house. With the deep freeze outside, he has been very reluctant to go explore, which is ok by me as I enjoy his company.

I arrived here about ten days ago, and with the exception of a recent bug which I picked up from somewhere, I have no complaints. Cats are so easy to care for, especially ones that come equipped with a cat door. My chores are few, feed, water, pet, repeat.

For some reason, the computer at my current house-sit won't allow me access to my blog, hence the bike ride here to the library. I only have an hour to get this written, so it will be rather brief. This time constraint plus the fact that this computer is EXTREMELY SLOW won't allow me the luxury of contemplating writing much more.

Suffice to say, that I am very happy nestled here in Nanaimo for the next two weeks and I plan to make the best of my time.

Piper the cat will no doubt continue with his quest to set a record for the most amount of hours slept by a cat on any given day, and Paul the house-sitter will be content to watch him attempt this feat. In addition to that, I am responsible for daily feeding of the birds which has been going fine until the last few days for the hummingbirds who have literally been frozen out from their sugar water bird feeders which have turned to blocks of ice.

The computer is now starting to get even slower, so it's time to say so long.

Happy Trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment