not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, July 21, 2024

FROM CADBORO BAY TO CORDOVA BAY AND BEYOND

 POST #  607


As you can tell from looking at the above map, the distance from Cadboro Bay to Cordova Bay is a short one.  I arrived earlier in the week, and settled in.
Of course, this meant saying so long to Blanca, but as you can see, she seemed to be pretty chilled about the fact that her house sitter was once again saying goodbye.  Our paths are meant to cross again in the new year, so we can renew our friendship at that time.
 

It didn't take long to settle in at Cordova Bay with Jackson.  He knows me from before, and he's so relaxed, that he's easy to spend time with.  I was here just over a year ago, and that was when we first had time to spend with one another.  Who knows if furballs remember humans or not, but Jackson was eager to be friendly, and that always makes for an enjoyable house sit.  As you can tell by the photos, he certainly is not a stressed out furball.




The house is located on Abbey Road, and just like on other visits here, I  had hoped to run into the remaining two Beatles, Paul and Ringo.  They were nowhere in sight.  Perhaps it's a different Abbey Road?  But there was no harm in keeping an eye out for both of them.

Yesterday was the departure day for me, and as I was getting ready to head out the front door, Jackson was giving me the look.  "Why are you leaving me so soon?" he seemed to be asking.  Oh well Jackson, all good things must come to an end, but with any luck, our paths will cross again sometime down the road, and that would make me very happy indeed.


After saying so long to Jackson, I boarded a ferry to head back to the mainland.  A nice view of Mount Baker in Washington was enjoyed along the way.


And Washington is where I'll be heading to later today, to spend time with Mary and Dora-dog.  
My journey continues.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment