not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, July 14, 2024

BLANCA'S WONDERFUL LIFE

 POST  606***



Part of our daily routine is to head off for our morning walk to Cadboro Bay, which is a short ten minute walk from home.  As I mentioned last week, the weather has been spectacular, so it's very easy to head out on our morning journey.  I like to take a few moments to stop along the beach, and enjoy the view of the Olympic mountains on the horizon.  That's if I'm lucky, because Blanca keeps me busy as she chases these little gecko-like creatures that seem to have taken over the beach.  She loves to try and catch them, as they scurry under various logs, but so far, she has been unsuccessful in her quest.  It's certainly not from lack of trying though.  She would probably spend the entire day at the beach doing this activity, if given the chance.


But eventually, we make it to the end of the beach walk, and back up onto dry land, in readiness for our return journey home.

Eventually, the sun has risen high enough in the sky to shine on the back deck.  With her walk completed, and breakfast consumed, Blanca heads out to find one of her favourite spots on the deck to have her mid-morning nap.  Chasing all those gecko-like critters has tired her out, so she settles down in the sun, and drifts off to sleep for a while.



Once the deck gets too hot for Blanca, she sometimes shifts to the cool grass, and settles in there.  Blanca has a wonderful life.

And her wonderful life gets even better later today.  Because that is when her owners return home.  I'm looking forward to Blanca's reaction when that moment arrives.

Tomorrow, I'll be heading out to my next sit, just up the road from here.  I'm looking forward to that, but I'll certainly miss Blanca's company.  I hope she will miss mine as well.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
***For whatever reason, the hashtag symbol that I normally put in front of the number doesn't want to work on my computer.  Hopefully, I'll get that working for next week, but we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment