not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, April 21, 2024

SO LONG GRAND FORKS, AND HELLO WASHINGTON

 POST # 595

 


On my final morning at the Grand Forks house sit, I managed to get one more photo of my chipmunk friend, prior to him zipping off the deck and disappearing.  This was how the day began.  I managed to get a few more walks in with Bella, and on the final walk, I had her pose just at the foot of the infamous hill, where I had one more chance to look up the hill, and remember what happened back in 2012.  

Bella was looking very happy at this point in time, but that mood was soon to change, when I informed her that I would be saying goodbye soon.  You can see from  the look on her face (below) that she was shocked by the news.  I offered her a treat, and she grabbed it, but then just let it drop to the floor.  That was a sure sign that she understood that something was up. 



By 11 am it was time for me to depart, so with one final pat on the head, I said so long to my new bonehead friend, and walked out on the deck, to head downstairs to the truck.  





The first part of my journey was driving from Grand Forks to Kelowna, which took about three hours, and I arrived shortly after 2 pm to meet up with the Bella's owners, have a quick visit with them, followed by them dropping me off at the bus station in downtown Kelowna.  Eventually the bus showed up, and we were on our way to Vancouver, arriving about an hour behind schedule.  I arrived late at my neice's place, and it was soon time for bed, as it had been a long day.

The following day, it was time to once again board the Amtrak train and head across the border to see Mary and Dora-dog.  It was a beautiful sunny day for the journey, as can be seen from the photo I took as we travelled along the coast to my stop at Mount Vernon, WA.  Mary was there to meet me, along with Dora-dog, and we headed home.

Here is a photo of Dora-dog (of course), showing her happiness after a morning play session with her latest favourite toy.  It was sad to see Bella's face, upon my departure, but a smile on Dora-dog's face helps to ease the pain.


And finally, a rainbow from last night, to finish off today's post.




grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer







No comments:

Post a Comment