not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, April 7, 2024

OLD MOUNTAIN, NEW BONEHEAD

 POST # 593

The last time that I posted from my current house sit location, was just over twelve years ago.  Back then, I didn't have the ability to post photos, and for some strange reason, I can't post any today.  

I arrived here three days ago.  I am back at the place where I fell down the mountain back on March 4, 2012, and since my arrival, I have lost count of how many times I've replayed the events of that day in my mind.

The weather hasn't been the greatest so far, so I have yet to attempt to re-climb the mountain, but it is certainly on my "to do" list before I depart from here.  One thing that I have done though, is to walk to the place at the foot of the mountain, where I ended up after my fall, and from there, walk back to the house.  I am amazed even now, how I managed to cover that distance with only one leg to support me.  

Luckily for me on that fateful day, I had a phone to use once I returned to the house, and I could call the neighbour for help.  If I hadn't had the use of the phone, or if the neighbour hadn't been home at the time, I may have ended my days right here where I currently sit typing out these words. Thankfully, that was not to be, and twelve years later, I am still blogging away.

What's new this time around is that it's no longer Sadie to keep me company, but Bella instead.  She's very easy to care for so I am grateful for that.  She's just happy to hang out with this new human, and enjoy the days as they pass by.

So that's exactly what we are going to do, just hang out with each other, go for some walks, and with any luck, climb back up that mountain one more time.  If I manage to sort out my photo upload problem, I'll post a few photos later, and if not, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

And for those readers who may want to read my post from 2012, you can find it here.

https://wherespaulnow.blogspot.com/2012/03/sadie-and-pauls-big-adventure.html


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment