not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, December 21, 2023

MY JOURNEY TO SEE SIMI

 POST # 579

Without a critter to keep me company at my current housesit, I hopped on the Skytrain yesterday, and headed to Surrey to meet a brand new bonehead named Simi.  This would be our first meeting.  Her owners were having a little pre-Christmas get together for friends and neighbours, and I was invited to come along to join in the fun.  I was especially looking forward to meeting Simi for the first time.

As the sun began to set, on this, the shortest day of the year, my journey on the Skytrain crossed over a graveyard, which is the signal for me to hop off of the train, and board a bus to continue my journey to their home.

After exiting the bus, it was a short twenty minute walk to my destination.  When the door opened, there was Simi, standing next to her owner.  And what kind of reaction did I receive from her.  Nothing other than, bark, bark, bark.  Needless to say, I hadn't made a very good first impression from the looks of it.  And speaking of looks, I was expecting a much friendlier start to our relationship.  After all, she looks so friendly.



Here she is, even dancing with her owner, so she certainly has the capacity to be friendly.  Throughout my visit, I kept trying to make friends with Simi, but she didn't allow me to do so.  Ah well, you win some you lose some as the old saying goes.  Just when I thought that I could call myself the dog whisperer, here is one that is teaching me that I still have a ways to go in order to achieve that honour.

It was an enjoyable get together, in spite of Simi's reluctance to become a new four-legged friend of mine, but who knows, perhaps sometime in the future, she'll finally decide that I can be trusted.

On my journey homeward, I stopped to take a couple of photos of the Science World Pavilion, all lit up.



All things considered it was a pleasant evening, and I was happy to have been invited to be a participant.  Perhaps at some point down the road,  Simi will become a friend.  I look forward to that occasion.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



 




No comments:

Post a Comment