not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, August 21, 2023

THEY'RE BAAAACK!!!

 POST # 563


This was the look upon Ollie's face yesterday, when I told him the news that his "mom and dad" aka Nicole and Dan were on their way back home.  You can just see the disbelief in those eyes.  Now, I'd like to think that because he's had such a great time with the house sitter, that he had probably forgotten all about them.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

As the day wore on, and it was still just the two of us on the couch, it looked as though Ollie had finally given up all hope of them ever coming back home.  It's easy to see that he has now figured out that I am not telling him the truth, and he'll be stuck with me forever more.  And because Ollie doesn't do text messaging, he didn't know that I had some inside information regarding their time of return.



And then right on cue, Nicole and Dan arrived home, and boy was Ollie ever happy to see them.  He's certainly not the type of furball that likes to be picked up and held, but this time he made an exception, and he was more than happy to be cuddled.

So there you go, Ollie.  All's well that ends well.  They're back home and as is always the case over the many years that I have been doing this,  I instantly become totally irrelevant, or as I like to say, I become chopped liver.  

But guess what, Ollie?  I'll be back again later this year, so you'll once again have the opportunity to wrap me around your little paws, just the way you like it.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment