not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

CONTINUING TO ENJOY MY TIME HERE IN THE ONTARIO COUNTRYSIDE

 POST # 471


WHERE ARE OUR TREATS?

I am occasionally asked whether or not I get lonely doing what I do these days.  It's not something that I suffer from, and I think it's primarily because I have an active mind.  My childhood curiosity has followed me all the way along, and that's a good thing.  I also have the three furballs at this sit, to keep me company, so the days just continue to roll on by at a rapid rate of knots.  All the more reason to appreciate the moments as much as is possible.

During one of those moments the other night, while out on my evening stroll, I came across this warty looking critter.  It seemed to be perfectly comfortable with me stooping down to take its photo.  One never knows quite what to expect as I roam around in the darkness.

Something that has been in my possession since I did a house sit at my friends Guy and Pauline's in Pleasantville New York, is this lacrosse ball.  I happened to be out on my daily walk, and there it was, just lying in the gutter.  For some crazy reason, it has been a companion of mine since that time.  The other day I managed to catch a photo of it in mid-air.  The crazy things we do to pass the time, but I get some enjoyment out of it. 


Last night at precisely 7:55pm EDT, the moon was full.  Night after night this past week, the sky has been cloudless, but last night it was not the case.  A blurry photo of the moon rise was captured just prior to it going into hiding behind a cloud. 

So it was full moon last night, and tomorrow at 3:20pm EDT the autumnal equinox arrives.  I've been keeping an eye on the various maple trees that are quite prevalent in this part of the country, and sure enough, they are beginning to let us all know that summer is now over, the days are getting shorter, and the maple trees will start to display some wonderful colours.  Not having spent any time at all in eastern Canada in the autumn, I am very much looking forward to this maple tree show.


I was going to end today's post with that photo of the maple tree, but I couldn't resist making a comment about politicians, because yesterday in Canada, there was another federal election.  I've stated my opinion on this blog on more than one occasion with regards to elections and politicians in particular.  However, I think that the quote below by Mark Twain aligns perfectly with my thinking.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
 
PS: And for all of the Earth Wind and Fire fans: SEPTEMBER



No comments:

Post a Comment